In today's class, we first started off by focusing on how the American media manipulates readers into misunderstanding what actually happened with Palestine and Israel. The Israeli military/officials were continuing to take over Palestinian's homes without their consent, by dragging them out of their houses or injuring/threatening them with weapons. The people in the Gaza Strip(Palestinian territory) warned those in Israel that if they continued forcefully moving the Palestinians, that they would fire at them. They, unfortunately, did not stop, and this resulted in Palestine firing rockets at Israel. Israel also fired back, but they own high-grade weapons which can not be comparable to the little damage old/hand-made rockets would have.
The American media started the story off with Palestine abruptly firing at Israel, and making Palestine look bad, and only uncovering the parts of the story they wanted readers to see. To be able to acquire the truth, I have learned that I should get into the habit of doing my own research on the topics and, so I know both sides of the story. Mr. Paterson also showed us how Twitter can be a source that provides users with unfiltered information since users can be normal people without fixed biases. I want to utilize Twitter more as a source to gather information so that I can see the raw, unflitered images/videos of what is actually happening around the world.
Comments
Post a Comment