In today's class, I finished up writing my parental document. Before giving my parents the improved version of the presentation, I had them react to the presentation I had done in class. Overall, they were impressed with the level of skill I had utilized throughout presenting but pointed out several points that could be fixed within both my presentation as well as my slideshow. These points were closely similar to the ones that I had noticed and the ones Mr. Paterson had pointed out as well, so it was a bit of a relief that those points matched up.
I was confident with the revised versions of both my slideshow and postures, but one point that my parents pointed out which Mr. Paterson had not mentioned to me was putting emphasis on my words. By doing this effectively throughout the presentation several times, the audience may be able to remember best the points where I put more emphasis and emotion into my words. I tried to become more conscious of this throughout the live presentation, and my parents were satisfied with my presentation.
I feel that it is crucial to reflect back on your own performances regarding anything in life, from how you spent a day to how you studied up for an important exam. Also, getting advice and feedback from others is necessary when wanting to improve your work. I honestly get anxious when asking for feedback from others, because I always have the mindset that I am not showing them something perfect, therefore they will criticize me. However, I have learned that this is not at all true, and I have been given some of the best advice from my teachers and peers. At times the feedback can be disappointing for me, but by listening to the advice given, a new chance for improvement is created for me and further encourages me to fulfill and surpass the expectations.
Comments
Post a Comment