In today's class, for the most part, I had been done with the tasks given, so I took this class to work on a presentation I had for another class. For this presentation, we worked with people from both advanced and core English classes, so when creating the slideshow, I saw how different the format of their slides was compared to mine, which I had done in the way Mr. Paterson expects us to in his classes (because I personally think his way of creating slideshows are better in content). Many of them had lines of words on a page, and they used cartoons that did not fit the overall theme. I felt that there was a significant difference in the levels of work we had all completed, but compared to the other presentations slideshow wise, ours was one of the better ones. The level in which Japanese schools educate their students about technology is overall still embarrassingly low, and I feel grateful to have the opportunity given to me to learn from Mr. Paterson's very educational classes.
This semester, I have learned so many new things from the things Mr. Paterson has taught us. He taught all semester long how not to be scared, but to be confident in yourself, and how we can learn to become the best presenter we can be. He also introduced many of us to new useful apps, and how we can incorporate technology into our studies for the better. First, he taught us how important and useful technology is these days.At TGUISS, we first and second graders are not allowed to use our phones inside the school campus. Mr. Paterson was the first teacher and class to let us use the technology we have access to, and this let us experience and explore new things about technology that Japanese schools had been hiding for a long time. We finally got to organize everything based off of Google, and got to see how convenient everything around us was getting. Finally, he taught us how to become more confident with yourself. This is one of the reasons why he’s so passionate about giving a pr...
Comments
Post a Comment