In today's class, Mr. Paterson was unfortunatley absent, so we didn't continue on with the presentations. On the other hand, we were all able to utilize this time to work individually. In the first half, I worked on finishing the drafts I had of my reflection blogs, and afterward, I worked on revising my section of our team websites.
Though this is a separate topic, I was invited to present with Mr. Paterson along with two other incredible classmates, and we had prepared to present for Okinawa JALT in the upcoming weekend. Inbetween our rehearsals, we three decided on what the main topic we would individually present about, and one of the two classmates presented about utilizing multimedia; this gave me an opportunity to finally be able to see her work. Since we've unfortunately never been in the same class to take this curriculum together, it gave me insight and inspiration on how to better improve my own work. There were many aspects that were very beneficial for me, but today I'll try to focus on their team website in particular.
I personally loved the simplistic yet appealing theme of her team's website. It didn't include any unnecessary information or visual designs, and everything was neat. The home page first consisted of an introduction and building up their credibility, and next a clear image of each member's book with a hyperlink that redirects you to their individual reviews and information about that book. They also had an about us section at the very bottom, introducing the members of the team and summarizing their experiences/backgrounds that also built up their credibility. My team also had the idea of showing the picture of the book and hyperlinking it to the individual reviews and the short introduction at the top of the home page, but I didn't think of adding a section to introduce us as a team. Since we all had the experience of creating a website from last year, I had already thought of including an individual introduction, but creating a team one didn't cross my mind. By having the team introduction as well, it better informs the reader in detail and emphasizes the main purpose of the team website as a whole. On their website, they had photos of the team members together, but since my team is planning to create a team logo, I plan on utilizing that instead of photos of ourselves. The next aspect I took inspiration from was the section she did on her own. The format of everything was well thought out, and it genuinely resembled a professional website overall, which I was truly impressed by. She first had detailed introductions about herself and next to the book she selected as well as about the author. Continuing on, she had strategically placed her book review and presentation slideshow, which I thought was quite effective in grasping the reader's attention and better informing them in detail. I took inspiration from this and altered my website to have a similar format. I just need to create a trailer of my book review, and I'll have my section of the website completed! I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to be able to get inspired by such great work!
Comments
Post a Comment