In today's class, we started receiving individual feedback from Mr. Paterson in the order we had presented. I, as well as others, utilized this time to improve our websites or continue writing our blogs. Since I was mainly caught up on my blogs, I decided to work on my team website.
As I have mentioned in my recent blog, I wrote some of the things I wanted to do with the website, heavily taking inspiration from an incredible classmate of mine. I also worked on a point I hadn't named, which is adjusting the volume of my writing for my section of the website. This is something I thought was a significant problem when utilizing Google Sites. When adding text next to a picture, I tend to try and align the number of words for it to look more cleaner. After I altered it to look this way, when you look at the published version of the website, it's not aligned the way I had edited to be in the draft. After examining closely, I noticed that the width of the draft and published website were different, and this lead the published version to turn out differently than I had anticipated. To fix this, I had to repeat the tiring process of altering the amount of text and publishing it to see if it's aligned with the high of the photo, and this took such a long time to fix to my liking. I thought this was very inconvenient and made it a time-consuming task for me. Even though it's a creation source provided for free by Google, I felt that even this widely-known search engine and company still have aspects needed for improvement. However, overall, Google Sites is very easy to utilize and has many serviceable tools that are key when creating a professional website from scratch.
Comments
Post a Comment