Skip to main content

Revising my Work (10/22/20)

 Since I had been given my feedback, for today's class, I was able to work on revising and improving my work. I mainly focused on improving my website, as well as planning what content I wanted to include in my book trailer. 

First, my team and I went out to go take the individual photos we needed for our website. We decided to have the background of our photos to be outside of the library/media center to better connect our book reviews and our reviews visually. Reflecting on this, I felt that it would have been even better if we could have taken the photos inside the library/media center, thus being able to emphasize and show a stronger connection. However, when thinking about the lighting of the area and how we might have been a distraction for others, I felt that taking the photos outside was the best option. Next, I revised the presentation script I had used and improved it to be simpler. I tried containing the information most connected with the book itself, and cutting off the sections that were difficult to understand, as well as improving some of the sections to not be so wordy and instead, be more intriguing and easier to understand. To be completely honest, I'm a bit lost and confused about how a good book trailer looks and sounds like. We were shown a bit of the video the students in Mr. Paterson's previous years had created, but since this was a while back and it was to get a general idea of what we needed to create, I don't have a clear image of what level of work I should be aiming for. Maybe Mr. Paterson did this purposely, to only give us a bit of inspiration, and leave the rest to our creativity and imagination. Still, I'm unsure that what I am doing or planning to contain in the trailer is on the right track to creating an impressive and memorable trailer. I plan on asking advice from others and getting a glimpse of what they are planning to do and get inspired by that to make the most appropriate trailer that can truly show off how intriguing and deep the book I have selected is. I felt that to achieve this, both the visuals and the way I phrase everything becomes significant. I need to think about what intrigues the audience, captivates their full attention, and making a powerful impact, and making them remember the book I had introduced. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary of the 1st semester

This semester, I have learned so many new things from the things Mr. Paterson has taught us. He taught all semester long how not to be scared, but to be confident in yourself, and how we can learn to become the best presenter we can be. He also introduced many of us to new useful apps, and how we can incorporate technology into our studies for the better. First, he taught us how important and useful technology is these days.At TGUISS, we first and second graders are not allowed to use our phones inside the school campus. Mr. Paterson was the first teacher and class to let us use the technology we have access to, and this let us experience and explore new things about technology that Japanese schools had been hiding for a long time. We finally got to organize everything based off of Google, and got to see how convenient everything around us was getting. Finally, he taught us how to become more confident with yourself. This is one of the reasons why he’s so passionate about giving a pr...

PR Photos (4/21/21)

In today's class, we first were told we had 7 minutes to take an appealing photo to promote our school. When doing so, there were various tactics to make the school's photos look professional or interesting to best attract new students. Prior to doing so, we were explained some bad examples of places to take pictures. First was an old building that used to actually be a pool, but the exterior made it look like an abandoned building with weeds and vines growing everywhere. Next, we were taken to look at the library. Personally, I think the inside of our library would be suitable for taking pictures, but then I could not say the same for the outside. The library has big windows, but with all of the blinds closed, you would not be able to tell that the inside is a library through a photo. I decided to take a picture at a high angle of the west building, including the blue sky so it would look more appealing. Others were taking photos of the school entrance or trying to include asp...

The Mark Of Athena (Chap. 5-8)

Chapter 5 (Leo) The ship was badly damaged. Leo wished he could create a time machine to go back two hours and undo what had happened. What he had done. When explaining what had happened to Annabeth, he tells her that he couldn't control whatever had possessed him. It just felt like he was watching himself do things. Annabeth asked him if Octavian had tricked him, but Leo knew he clearly had done everything. As much as Octavian was a jerk, he wasn't the cause of it. He told Annabeth that he had felt a cold feeling, and with that, Annabeth almost seemed scared.  Annabeth was called down belowdecks from Percy, who was with Piper and caring for Jason. He had gotten a cut on the head which looked pretty bad, he just hoped his friend was okay. Annabeth asks Frank to watch over Leo, and Leo decides to let him meet Festus. They reached the bow of the ship, and the figurehead turned to greet them. Festus was once a full bronze electronic dragon, but due to some accidents, Leo had ...