In today's class, we continued on with improving our team websites, as well as going over to fix our individual slideshows and documents after receiving the feedback from Mr. Paterson. While this was our main focus, today's class contents shifted towards the new information we have received from Mr. Paterson.
He first introduced us to a annual event that is called NaNoWriMo(National Novel Writing Month), where participants commit to writing a 50,000 word essay in the span of a month(which is in November). So in one day, you would roughly need to write 1,600 words per day in order to complete the challenge, whilst writing a proper novel. He mentioned that many unfortunately aren't able to properly complete it, but the ones who won continue to revise their work in the span of a year, and some end up being able to publish their own novel through this event. Personally, just the ides of having to write 1,600 words and over everyday for a month seems geniuenly exhausting. Additionally, I looked at how many words my academic book review document contained, and I was honestly shocked at how little words were contained in it. I had spent numerous times revising and adding on to the document for over three months, and the overall word count was roughly 1,500 words. I can't possibly imagine how some are able to complete the event, or the fact that some can create a novel worthy of victory in just one month.
We were also assigned to create a My Prederence document, which contains what kinds of novels we were most interested in. Mr. Paterson mentioned that to be able to write a novel, you have to be passionate about the genre you chose and know roughly what needs to be contained in it to make it intriguing and enjoyable for readers who prefer that specific genre. I could personally say that I have a strong love for fantasy fiction, and I plan on going in depth in that genre.
Comments
Post a Comment