Today we continued with the presentations. As the presentations proceed, I think I've noticed points that could be fixed, and they all have one thing in common. It's that almost all of them are an unintentional habit of theirs. I felt that this could be improved by the presenter having just a bit of awareness about that certain habit, it can be prevented with practice and time.
The first thing I noticed was how many of them were avoiding eye contact. They kept on looking and pointing towards the screen, which would be fine if only for a few seconds, but this wasn't the case. Many continued to only look up at the screen for several seconds, and because this happened continuous times, it was a very noticeable habit of theirs. As Mr. Paterson always says, the screen isn't for the presenters to ever look at. I can sympathize with the nervousness and unsettling emotions you feel before presenting, but I think I personally solved this with just the innumerable times of practice I had done before my own presentation. I practiced to the point where I didn't even have to take a glance at my own slides to know what I was going to say next, and I can say when you reach this point, you definitely are prepared. I felt that after this, you are able to focus and be aware of how you present in front of an audience. The next thing I noticed was how some of the presenters talked at an inaudible pace. This may be because they were nervous, but I think the main reason behind this is because they don't realize that what they're saying is just simply confusing for the audience. Since the presenter knows so many aspects that connect to the book and additional information, they can easily say so much information. However, for the audience, since we do not know everything about the book, it really is hard for us to understand everything the presenter is trying to tell us. I think having detailed content is a must, but that being easily understandable is another crucial point when it comes to a great presentation.
These were the two main points that I noticed and my overall solution to them. I think when I reflect on other's presentations, I'm also able to reflect and think of how I should deliver for a more enjoyable presentation.
Comments
Post a Comment