Today, I was, fortunately, able to receive my feedback, and it was generally a very beneficial experience for me. Many of the points I noticed which needed to be improved matched up closely to the areas where Mr. Paterson had mentioned, but there were two areas I particularly needed improvement on.
First, one point regarding my citations. Both my photo credits and references were fine, but I could have slightly altered the citations for my slide template credits. This isn't typically a slide that's contained in a presentation, but since I used a template for my presentation slideshow, I decided to inform the audience about where I took the template from. I took it from a website called Slides Carnival, which all templates are under Creative Commons License and are free to be altered to the user's liking. I found this website by watching a certain youtube video introducing useful tools and websites, which included Slides Carnival. In my slideshow, I comprised only a customized link to the specific slideshow template I had utilized, and I completely forgot to include a link to the Slides Carnival website itself. I honestly was disappointed in myself for overlooking this crucial point in my citations, but I was able to learn from this error that I've made. Next, I need to work on improving my timing of walking. This is one of the areas I had mentioned in my reflection blogs as well, but I was able to get further advice from Mr. Paterson. I had initially planned on walking more often throughout my presentation, but when I tried for the first time, I became too focused on presenting, that I wasn't able to think about going back to the computer whilst presenting (speaking). Mr. Paterson mentioned that it's rather more of an advanced technique utilized while presenting, and suggested that I try practicing correlating my walking and talking simultaneously. Personally, I think I'll feel satisfied with myself once I'm able to naturally utilize this technique as well.
Additionally, Mr. Paterson talked to the class about how phycology is key when presenting yourself in front of others. This doesn't just go for when you're presenting, but also for when you're talking, listening, and so on. He mentioned that when he called us up individually, many had their legs crossed and were fiddling with the hems of their sleeves. This results in sending a signal that you aren't confident, which isn't particularly a great thing. By having your arms and legs spread out at an appropriate range, it can make you seem larger in presence, hence, making you look(seem) more confident in yourself. I felt that this becomes significant even in everyday life, and hope to become more aware of it.
Comments
Post a Comment