Today would be the second week of presentations, and I had perceived that Mr. Paterson's grading would become even harder. My honest wish was to be able to present this week because I knew I'll only keep stressing myself over it. I had revised my slides from the last class and had looked over my script multiple times, so I can say I was quite prepared. Luckily, I was chosen to present today, but I became nervous almost immediately because I had to present first.
My presentation started, and it started off as a not-so-bad start, to say the least. I had practiced so that my presentation would fit in the time range, but I found myself talking at a hasty pace which honestly wasn't great. As I continued to speak, I had a bit of trouble with properly pronouncing words and had stuttered in between sentences. I think this happened because I thought that if I had stopped or made space for dead time, I would find myself forgetting what I had wanted to say at that moment. Fortunately, I was able to say everything that I had planned on saying, but my presenting time as a whole felt short. This worried me because I hadn't planned it to have been so short, but I hope I was just in the time range. Overall, I think I was more natural in the second half of the presentations, and weirdly enough, I was least nervous in the q and a section.
Everyone else that had presented after me did great as well. Of course, there were things that stood out, but overall, everyone seemed prepared to deliver a decent presentation. I plan on revising my presentation slides for my own learning purpose, and to reflect on it for every class.
Comments
Post a Comment