Today was the second day of presentations, and to be quite honest, I was nervous. Even how much practice I've put into presentations, I can't help getting nervous in an environment where there's only tension. Nevertheless, I wanted to get my presentations done as soon as possible. I was unfortunately not picked to present today, but I want to take inspiration from the ones who did present today.
I could see from every presentation that the speakers were passionate, and this personally made their presentations very enjoyable and persuasive as an audience. However, this at times can have the opposite effect. I found throughout listening to their presentations, that many of them have so much content to cover, that it lacks the presentation from being intriguing in some cases. One presenter, unfortunately, went way over the 8-minute time limit, and I felt that it could have been prevented if the speaker had their thoughts organized and shortened. This is another point that I noticed, but many of the presenters didn't thoroughly mention their biases, as well as creating a slide with the three main points for them. Also, some people's slides were placed differently than the format we were told to put them in, so it confused me a bit. Maybe they had a good reason to, but it made the presentation content a bit awkward with complex to comprehend. How some of them emphasized their voice was another point I wanted to take notes on. By knowing where and when to emphasize your voice, you are able to create an image that makes you sound passionate as well as convincing when talking about the content of the presentation.
These were some of the things I noticed during today's presentations, and I hope I will be able to fix these few points in my own presentation before the next class.
Comments
Post a Comment