Last night I had practiced my presentation on my own until I had memorized almost everything I planned to say throughout my presentation. I was able to finish in a little over 6 minutes, so I was quite happy with how everything turned out. I knew I was still going to be nervous, but I had done everything I could do within the given time. When I first came to class and heard that we would not be presenting today, I honestly had mixed feelings about it. One part of me was disappointed, but I also felt relieved. We were separated into groups, and presented in front of a small audience, to get proper feedback on our presentations.
As I said before, my presentation was a little over 6 minutes, but after presenting, I realized how fast I talked to be able to get it into the 5~6 minute time limit we were all given. However, Mr. Paterson informed us today that the presentation could be somewhere around 7~8 minutes long, so it's a relief I don't have to talk in an inaudible pace. I knew that there was an option of cutting out some sections of the presentation, but I knew that it was as short as it could possibly be, and if I were to shorten it, it would become difficult for the audience to properly understand the content.
By listening to the other presentations given by the people in my group, I was able to use it as a reference to be able to provide a better version of my own presentation. One point I had noticed was that it may have been just because of the other several people presenting, but it was quite difficult to be able to comprehend what the presenter was trying to say to us with the required facemasks on. When they were speaking, we were deprived of how the presenters pronounced the words visually, and that made it challenging to be able to understand what they were saying word for word. I felt that this problem could only be solved with clear pronunciation and normal-paced talking, and found that this is significant in delivering an understandable presentation. I also found out that by adding too many slides/pictures to better depict and visualize the presentation, it can have the opposite effect on how the audience perceives the information given. It was a bit confusing for me as an audience at times because of the images constantly changing to something different.
Overall, I felt that this was a very beneficial group work activity we were so generously given a whole class for, and this has truly been essential towards revising my hard-worked on presentation and create even a better version of it to present next week.
Comments
Post a Comment