During this unusual semester, I think I was able to improve some of my weaknesses when it comes to my studies. For instance, due to the whole pandemic and the schools shutting down in Japan, we were limited to the option of taking online classes individually. Consequently, this meant I had to get used to all of the unfamiliar apps and tools the school provided for us to utilize for advancing in our studies. If I'm being perfectly honest, I felt that the app we had to mainly use, Microsoft Teams, was inconvenient at most times. Some of the points that made me feel like it was inconvenient was when not all of the classes were on the app. Few classes were like this, but some assignments due were only presented on the school website, or only sent to us via Outlook. I do understand that as students, we are expected from teachers to look at every source that is available to us and to check on them frequently, but concerning the online classes, I think it was difficult for us to be expected of that when it was not properly presented to us and because none of us were used to the online class format we had to suddenly get accustomed to.
Once the partially normal classes started, where the evens and odds alternate the days to attend school, it was easier for me to fully understand the lessons due to the classes being taught directly. However, it was a struggle to stay constantly updated on the previous class's contents since there was a day gap in between the days we had to attend school. After two weeks of that schedule, we were finally able to recover to normal classes which were a bit awkward at first, presumably because we still hadn't been able to meet everyone from our new classes. I was able to get used to the normal schedule, but both my body and mind did have a hard time keeping up with the normal pace. However, overall, I was glad that we were able to interact with each other so soon after the schools had closed down.
Looking back on the first half of the year, I think it was a startling but needed experience for me. Hopefully, the skills I was able to obtain will be beneficial for if and when assignments and lessons will be given to us online again in future classes.
Comments
Post a Comment