In today's class, we were introduced to additional writing tools. I was glad we were introduced to these new tools because they all serve a different purpose, and I would prefer to have more aspects of my writing checked than not. The tool I was most used to utilizing was the app Grammarly. I think this is a great app for students to use because it suggests all of the spelling errors and grammatically incorrect phrases in your writing, and to a certain point, it works well. However, just as it was pointed out in class, now there is a premium Grammarly, where it will not show the errors in your writing unless you pay for a subscription, which was quite overly priced in my opinion. Since we were able to learn and have access to the new writing tools such as Word Counter and Story Tools, I want to take the time to review and fix the areas I may be lacking at.
For the rest of the class, I continued to use these new tools as well as the old ones. I mainly used up all of the time left in class to check my AWL level with Lextutor and continued to incorporate numerous words from the AWL so my level of writing would become higher. I didn't have enough time in class to completely finish adding the words, but I plan to raise the level to around a six outside of the class time.
Comments
Post a Comment