In today's class, we briefly reviewed the writing tools we had used from last year. Before checking the AWL or the RL, I still wasn't completely finished with the critique so I took the time given in class to finish up everything. Throughout writing the critique, midway through as I was rereading my writing, I noticed all of the plain words I was repetitively utilizing. I was honestly stumped on how I could incorporate more vivid and detailed words, and then I came upon this feature Grammarly provides. When clicking a certain word twice, it suggests better words in an instant. I was surprised by the variety of words that were provided, and after carefully going through my documents and rephasing/changing words, my writing had improved and I was satisfied with the results.
Next class, I want to focus on the AWL and RL of my document, since I did not write the essay simultaneously incorporating the various AWL words. I want to aim for a level 5.5 or higher, and my RL I want to aim for a 13 or higher.
Comments
Post a Comment