Today, it was the second week of being able to go to school under restricted circumstances due to the pandemic. It was our first class with Mr. Paterson and personally, the atmosphere in the class hadn't changed drastically from when we were taking classes online during the break. However, I felt that all the other classes took time and effort and made it even more confusing when online.
During the break, not many teachers did online classes, and I think due to this, it was harder for me to keep track of what needed to be done. If you're at school, you're required to go to class so it wasn't as confusing as to when we did school online. Another thought I had was how unorganized everything was. Depending on the teachers, some of them posted lessons and homework onto Microsoft Teams, or others only sent it to us students by Outlook or just on the school website. I completely am aware that it would be my responsibility as a student to be checking every one of these places, but I felt it was really time-consuming and confusing to follow all these different engines the school chose to use. As a result, I had to experience multiple times being notified by a friend about a certain assignment due that day, that I had no idea that it had even existed in the first place. Even the classes that had videos explaining the information in the lesson were personally hard for me to completely understand. What I mean by this is that since it's a recorded video, the teacher's emotions and gestures are cut out, and I think this is important when communicating with others. They just felt less in-depth and that left me sometimes unsure if I had fully understood the purpose and intention of the lessons.
These were some of the things I was unsatisfied with for the online classes. I thought the school needs to utilize the technology at hand as an advantage and realize how to make it more convenient for everyone to use. I also felt that this was a good chance for the school to incorporate technology more into our classes so that we can learn how to utilize it well and be prepared for when we will certainly need it when we are older.
Comments
Post a Comment