In today's class, my team got feedback from Mr. Paterson. I was kind of nervous about it, but Mr. Paterson gave good feedback and was overall really nice and clear about it. He told me that I overall did a good job, I just needed to improve my body language. I could have walked around more while talking, or had made more open gestures towards the audience to make it seem like it was second nature to me. He also said that I said phrases along the lines of "umm" or "like" too much during the presentation. I thought this was from the lack of practice, and because I got nervous. Practice makes everything better, you must fail and struggle to make the best outcome possible. I also talked for longer than the average time, making the mouth speaker's time shortened to around a minute. My team wasn't able to part the work and jobs properly, resulting in me, who was only the head speaker, to be the main speaker throughout the presentation. Some of the slides, like the summary and limitations slides, didn't match what the heart speaker was saying, so he said it has a risk of confusing the audience. This can be solved by using good visuals/photos that link to the message you are trying to get to the audience.
These were the things he pointed out that need to be fixed and improved in our presentation. The advice was very helpful, and I hope I can grow from this experience and improve my presenting skills.
These were the things he pointed out that need to be fixed and improved in our presentation. The advice was very helpful, and I hope I can grow from this experience and improve my presenting skills.
Comments
Post a Comment