In today's class, my team was picked to do the presentations. I want to reflect and look back on what I had done incorrectly, and how I can learn from today's mistakes to improve my presenting ability.
First, I stuttered because I was very nervous. I know that this is my mistake, and I need to fix it because it affects how the audience takes in the information we share with them. If I had been able to say my parts correctly without stuttering, it would probably have been much easier for the audience to understand the problems and solutions we were trying to share with them. It's not bad to mess up something you were trying to say, but how you try and recover from there is where we are all tested. If we panic, we're automatically showing the audience that we are uncomfortable in this circumstance, and it's something that was not planned. Instead, we should just pick ourselves back up and start discussing the information again. Next, some of the slides and the information we were covering didn't match. This makes it confusing for the audience to remember and go back to the information we had covered just a few minutes before. To fix this, we need to think about the main message we want to send to the audience and get a visual image that sums up everything into one slide. Finally, we need to be able to cooperate with any situation given at the time. In situations where we forget what we were going to say, we can just skip the slide and go to the next one. When we remember the information we forgot, we can easily go back and talk about it even though it would be in a different order. This would be better than a silent time where it's uncomfortable for everyone to b in, and the speaker have a meltdown or brain freeze.
These were some of the problems I have found by rewatching the video of our presentation, and how I think I should learn from them to improve as a presenter.
First, I stuttered because I was very nervous. I know that this is my mistake, and I need to fix it because it affects how the audience takes in the information we share with them. If I had been able to say my parts correctly without stuttering, it would probably have been much easier for the audience to understand the problems and solutions we were trying to share with them. It's not bad to mess up something you were trying to say, but how you try and recover from there is where we are all tested. If we panic, we're automatically showing the audience that we are uncomfortable in this circumstance, and it's something that was not planned. Instead, we should just pick ourselves back up and start discussing the information again. Next, some of the slides and the information we were covering didn't match. This makes it confusing for the audience to remember and go back to the information we had covered just a few minutes before. To fix this, we need to think about the main message we want to send to the audience and get a visual image that sums up everything into one slide. Finally, we need to be able to cooperate with any situation given at the time. In situations where we forget what we were going to say, we can just skip the slide and go to the next one. When we remember the information we forgot, we can easily go back and talk about it even though it would be in a different order. This would be better than a silent time where it's uncomfortable for everyone to b in, and the speaker have a meltdown or brain freeze.
These were some of the problems I have found by rewatching the video of our presentation, and how I think I should learn from them to improve as a presenter.
Comments
Post a Comment