In today's class, Mr. Paterson talked about how Japan's structure and design in classes are very outdated. Japan has used blackboards and chalk for ages now, thinking that to change to better technology is 'bad' or 'cheating' depending on the way you think about it. However, Japan is falling very far behind on teaching students the new technology that is available to them.
Japan also has the desks in graveyard style, which makes the smarter people sit in the front and the people who don't have an interest in the class, sit in the back. This creates a difference in the level of education that the students receive. He showed us many new and better ideas on the placement of desks, for all students to be more focused and learn in class. I really like the ideas he showed us because it made the classroom feel more creative and free in a way.
I also thought that Japan has a very old way of teaching students. The teachers pull them back, putting limits in front of them and their creativity. We should be allowed to use devices for school work, but I do agree that the students need to know what is right and wrong to do using these devices ans new technology.
Japan also has the desks in graveyard style, which makes the smarter people sit in the front and the people who don't have an interest in the class, sit in the back. This creates a difference in the level of education that the students receive. He showed us many new and better ideas on the placement of desks, for all students to be more focused and learn in class. I really like the ideas he showed us because it made the classroom feel more creative and free in a way.
I also thought that Japan has a very old way of teaching students. The teachers pull them back, putting limits in front of them and their creativity. We should be allowed to use devices for school work, but I do agree that the students need to know what is right and wrong to do using these devices ans new technology.
Comments
Post a Comment